Here is a nice recipe that I found in my Grandmother’s collection of recipe’s. I had never made this before and I don’t remember her making it.
I did find it to be a bit over the top sweet. Next time I am going to cut that sugar in half. I am sure it will be just as good.
Since we are all inside avoiding the COVID-19 virus, I have had an urge to cook. I enjoy it. Most importantly, my family enjoys it.
I find it comforting to be cooking and mixing and making something from nothing that eventually puts a smile on someone’s face. It helps to pass the time while we are all stuck at home. When I am not cooking, I am either crocheting or spending quality time with my family.
Anyways, I hope that this might inspire someone out there. Please feel free to post a comment like and subscribe on this site and my YouTube Channel. Please and Thank You!
- 13 x 9 cake pan, mixing bowl, spoon to stir, measuring cups and spoons
- 4 Cups diced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 lg beaten eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix 4 cups of diced apples with 2 cups of granulated sugar. Let stand for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add 2 beaten eggs to the apple mixture
- In separate bowl combine 2 Cups Flour, 2 tsp soda, 3 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt.
- combine the apple mixture to the flour mixture. mix well
- pour into greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes
While cake is baking, make topping
- In saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 Cup butter, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp vanilla
- Bring topping contents to boil stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. While cake is still hot, pour topping over cake.
- Enjoy! Serve with ice cream! It’s sure to please