Hello to any who read this,
I easily could spend hours just browsing Pinterest. When I think I have enough recipes pinned, I find yet 10 more to choose from.
This cake’s name alone is what lured me. “Sunshine” is my kids’ nicknames most of the time. So, I had to make “Sunshine Cake”. I love pineapple and I love cake.
My family absolutely enjoyed this dessert and they hope that I make it again which I probably will.
This cake is mixed with a can of pineapple chunks or crushed (I used crushed pineapple), vegetable oil, eggs and a yellow cake mix. This is topped with a delicious combination of Vanilla Jell-O Instant Pudding mixed with more pineapple and cool whip.
If you are like me and love pineapple, then this is your dessert. This is also lower in sugar than most cakes that you might serve, and you could actually use sugar free ingredients for even less sugar.
I hope this sparks an interest in people wanting a nice dessert to serve for their Sunday Supper or potluck or any other occasion.
- Oven, mixing bowl, 1/2 cup measuring cup, happy eater
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple including juice
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can pineapple including juice
- Combine and mix first four ingredients. Pour into greased 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or till golden brown. Let cake cool completely Combine last three ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour topping over cooled cake. Spread topping over whole cake. Serve to hungry people.