Top 5 Reasons to Purchase an Air Fryer/Top 8 Air-fryer models
When we think about eating fried food, most of us think of a value meal with a supersized bag of soggy fries that one should resist at all costs and push yourself even harder at the gym just for looking at it. For those of us who enjoy eating succulent fried chicken or a generous helping of fries every now and then can now have their cake and eat it too.
The air fryer fries your food with a circulating air at temperatures of up to 400 degrees F. to a crispy doneness that is as good or better than most deep fat fried foods and lends itself to a whole new option for busy households.
I can attest to the fact that the air-fryer has made its way onto our kitchen counter. I have owned one for almost two years. I have to say that it has become our new “fast food”.
My husband and I are always looking for ways to save time, money and eat healthier. Between owning an electric pressure cooker, using the slow cookers, and owning an air-fryer, we have enjoyed healthier, more wholesome meals and are less tempted to cave and find the nearest drive thru.
When we get a hankering for some burgers and fries, I just toss a bag of fries in the air fryer and make some hamburger patties and fry those up as well. Any excess grease just drips down and away from food leaving you with a tasty hamburger and a generous helping of fries with a lot less guilt.
One can also make a batch of fried zucchini, kale, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes and much more in place of the carbohydrates and high starchy foods.
One can also use the fryer for a decent batch of fried chicken that tastes like the “Colonels” chicken. Shrimp cooks up real nice and crispy as well as fish fillets or fish sticks.
Now, if one is conflicted on whether to purchase an air fryer or a pressure cooker, you can now have both with the Ninja Foodie or even the Instant Pot which now has come out with combos that are air fryers and pressure cookers in one convenient package.
Here are the top reasons to purchase an air-fryer:
1. With an air fryer, you can fry, grill, roast, and/or bake.
2. You won’t need any oil on most of your foods, but you can add a little olive oil spray to add a little more crispiness to certain foods like French fries.
3. One can indulge without the guilt. You can also make fried zucchini and other healthier alternatives to a starchy potato fry such as sweet potato fries or fried kale chips, fried zucchini, eggplant, okra, and much more.
4. Speed. It is more convenient, and it is considerably faster to cook up something in the air fryer compared to a standard oven. Cooking up a pan of cornbread is considerably faster and uses less energy than an oven.
5. An air fryer won’t heat up your house like an oven would. You can have a 100-degree day outside and not feel like cooking a thing, but with the air fryer, you can cook up a bag of fries and/or fried shrimp and have it not affect your house temperature.
Top 5 Brands of Air-Fryers
Now that you know the benefits of owning an air-fryer, you might be asking yourself what the top brands are out there. Well there are so many, it’s hard to choose which brands have the best bang for your buck. Well I have done a bit of research and have found the top brands of air-fryers you might consider for your kitchen.
I used three different resources. One is www.BestReviews.com. At BestReviews.com, they consulted 238 consumers and considered 88 models and had 49 hours of research. Two experts were interviewed. My next source, www.10giants.org/best-air-fryers, analyzed and reviewed a variety of different brands and came up with the top 6 air fryers. My last source is Consumer Reports in which tested 25 models based on capacity, ease of use, noise levels, and cleaning difficulty.
So, I made note of all three of these resources and have narrowed down the top brands of air-fryers so you can take an analysis and decide what is best for you and your household.
They are as follows:
1. Philips XXL. Customers say that this brand is worth the investment and were happy with the crisp, even results.
i. extremely high-quality machine that cooks fast every time.
ii. Very little oil is needed for this fryer
iii. It comes with a double layer rack that maximizes the cook surface area
iv. auto shut off.
v. It is of a 3 lb./4-quart capacity.
i. it takes up a lot of room
2. Ninja 1550-watt air fryer. Best Performer and Spacious and powerful and has a top name.
i. Heats up and cooks fast
ii. 1550 watts of power
iii. 4-quart capacity
iv. Tolerates up to 3lbs of food
v. Easy to use
i. Has a chemical like odor that takes a while to fade
ii. Some durability issues
3. T-Fal Actifry F27002. Best for larger households.
i. Can accommodate up to 22 lbs of food at a time
ii. Unique design
iii. Best for Family of 4
iv. Turns food for you
v. Easy to clean
vi. Auto shutoff
i. Takes up a lot of counter space
ii. Taste was not like “deep fried” as some models
4. Farberware HF-919B Best Buy according to Consumer Reports
i. Quietest model
ii. 2 year warranty
iii. Dials easy to read and use
i. Hard to clean
5. Elite Platinum EAF-1506D 3.5 quart
ii. Handle folds down making easier to store
iii. Easy pre-programmed settings
iv. Easy clean up basket
i. Some say “easy” clean up basket is not easy to clean
There is a wide variety of options out on the Amazon to choose from that I have not mentioned. These particular brands were studied and tested by BestReviews.com, www.10giants.org/best-air-fryers and Consumer Reports in which up to 88 air fryer models were tested, 49 hours of research and 2 experts interviewed according to BestReviews.com.
Consumer Reports tested 25 models of Air Fryers and were evaluated based on capacity, ease of use, noise levels, and cleaning difficulty.
For those who would like to see all the different options out there on the Amazon, please feel free to browse the many features available. I am an Amazon affiliate and I do stand to make a commission on these items that are purchased through the products I have linked.
I can truly recommend these items based on my own personal experience. The Air Fryer has really made a difference in my meal options that I provide for my family.
For the ultimate duo: